.3 large eggs
.add 75g sugar
.1 tsp honey
.1 tsp vanilla extract
.a pinch of salt
For the cake:
1.Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C), Grease a pan.
2.To make a sponge cake sheet, we need 3 large eggs crack them into a heat proof bowl add 75g sugar and 1 tsp honey,1 tsp vanilla extract and a pinch of salt then mix it quickly.
3.Bring the mixture’s temperature to 40 – 45C, it helps to dissolve sugar and make the meringue more stable.
4.Use the hot water to keep 25g butter and 25L milk warm.
5.Whisk the egg mixture at high speed for about 6 minutes until it becomes super pale, fluffy and can hold its shape well change to slow speed and whisk for extra 1 minute to break big bubbles,now it is smooth and silky.
6.Sift 75g cake flour in 2 batches fold the batter gently with a spatula to incorporate,mix a small amount of the batter with warm milk and butter fold until just combined (please do not overmix it).
7.The pan size is 40 x 25 cm,flatten the batter…tap then bake it at 170C for about 20 minutes,let it cool down completely.
8.After cooling down, remove the baking paper i don’t like the skin so I removed it, you can keep it if you want.
9.Cut the cake sheet into small circles, which are 8cm in diameter using a cookie cutter,we can have in total 9 layers for 3 cakes.
-For the cream :
- We need 250g cream cheese add 50g sugar and mix well.
- Put the cream cheese aside and whip up 200g sweetened non dairy whip toppingnon dairy whip topping is more stable than whipped heavy cream for cake icing and decorating,add cream cheese mixture and mix to combine.
- Reserve 2/3 amount of the filling in the fridge for icing and decorating.
let’s build the cakes:
- Moist the cake with sugar syrup (1sugar : 3 water)
- Place one of the mini cake layers on a cake board, serving plate, or turntable. This will be the base of your cake.
- Using an offset spatula, spread a thin layer of your chosen filling over the top of the first cake layer. Make sure the filling is spread evenly to the edges.
- If you’d like, you can add additional toppings to enhance the flavor and presentation. Fresh fruit slices, chopped nuts, chocolate shavings, or sprinkles can be great choices.
- Place the second mini cake layer on top of the first filling layer,Press it gently to ensure it’s level and secure.
- Spread another layer of filling on top of the second cake layer, just as you did with the first layer.
- Place the third mini cake layer on top of the second filling layer, again making sure it’s level and secure.
- If you want a clean and polished look, you can apply a thin layer of your filling around the sides and top of the assembled cake. This is known as a crumb coat and helps to lock in any loose crumbs, providing a smooth surface for the final layer of frosting.
- let it chill in the refrigerator for a short while.
Repeat with the other 2 cakes
. Divide the icing cream into 4 parts to color
. I will make 3 colors: green, purple and yellow and keep 1 part remaining white
-let’s start with the first cake:
.for the pastel yellow, simply add yellow coloring.
. Cover the cake with a thin layer cream to create a smooth surface for your decorations. This layer will also help the decorations adhere better to the cake.
. soften the cream a little bit
. remove air bubbles
. put Small butterflies (store-bought or homemade), add some on the sides of the cake
.last touch with some edible granules
.finally write “happy birthday” letters
-move to the second cake:
.Start by adding a small amount of purple food coloring to the cream. You can always add more later to achieve the desired shade, but it’s challenging to lighten the color once it’s too dark. Gel food coloring typically produces more vibrant colors, so you might need less of it compared to liquid food coloring.
.Apply a thicker layer of cream to the cake using an offset spatula. Smooth the sides and top as much as possible for a clean base.
.Use a small food-safe paintbrush to add details or highlights to the flowers. You can use edible pearl or glitter dust to give the flowers a touch of sparkle.
. write little msg for your dear
.Once you’re satisfied with the cake’s decoration, it’s ready to be served and enjoyed!Remember that cake decorating is a creative process, so don’t be afraid to experiment and make the design your own. Whether you’re using real flowers or cream flowers, the key is to create a harmonious and visually appealing arrangement that complements the purple color of the cake.
-The last cake:
.for the pastel green: simply add green coloring, mix well until the color is even.
.Using an offset spatula, spread a thin layer of your chosen filling over the top of the first cake layer. Make sure the filling is spread evenly to the edges.
.Fit a piping bag with a small round piping tip. Fill the bag with the cream, making sure not to overfill it.
.Hold the piping bag with the tip slightly above the cake’s surface. Gently squeeze the piping bag while moving your hand in a fluid motion to create small heart shapes. Start from one end and finish at the other end to create the heart shape. You can make these hearts randomly around the cake or in a specific pattern.